The Story of the Prophet: A short film of Jesus (Isa al-Masih) in English
This story presents a good overview of God’s redemptive purpose in sending Jesus (Isa al-Masih) to the world. This video is divided into sections that deal with different parts of the Bible, from God’s creation of humanity to the promise of Jesus’ return. One theme that appears throughout this story is the sacrifice (korban), which God requires of humanity because of sin, and what is finally satisfied in Jesus Christ through his death on the cross.
Plan of the Prophet’s History
You will find below a short summary of each section of the video The Story of the Prophet:
- Adam and Eve – God created the world and the first human beings, Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve sinned, and the perfect relationship that humanity had with God was broken. God provides the first sacrifice of an animal to cover the shame of Adam and Eve.
- Cain and Abel – God accepted the sacrifice of Abel but not that of Cain. Cain then killed Abel because of jealousy.
- The Great Sin in the World, Noah and the Ark – The world became very corrupt and God brought judgment to the world as he saved Noah and his family through an ark.
- Abraham, Isaac, The Sacrifice of an Animal for the Life of Isaac – God called Abraham to sacrifice his own son, Isaac, and Abraham obeyed God by faith. God provides a substitute sacrifice so that Isaac could live.
- Moses, Pharaoh, and the God’s Judgment on the Egyptians- Moses brought the people of God from Egypt, but Pharaoh opposed him. God brought sores on the Egyptians as a judgment.
- The Paschal/Sacrificial Lamb – The Israelites were commanded to put the blood of a lamb on their doors so that the last plague, the death of the firstborn, could have passed over them.
- Law and Sacrifice – The people of God were commanded to sacrifice a lamb to cover their sins.
- King David and the Prophecy – King David prophesied the coming of the Messiah, who would come after him, be without sin, and reign like a perfect and irreproachable king.
- The Messiah is Born – Jesus is born and the shepherds and the wise men visit him, and testify that he is the Messiah who had been promised.
- The Life of Jesus – Jesus preached about love and truth, healed the sick and raised the dead.
- Jesus’ relationship with God – Jesus called God his Father.
- The Identity of Jesus – Jesus is the Lamb of God, the Messiah, and, ultimately, the ultimate sacrifice that died on the cross to remove the sins of the world. God raised Jesus from the dead three days after his death.
- The Return of Jesus – Jesus will come again as Judge and King.
- Jesus is the Gift of God – Through his sacrifice, Jesus offers the restoration of the perfect relationship between God and humanity.