Lessons from the First Book of the Taurat of Moses
Welcome to this course called: The Beginning of People.
The Taurat of the Prophet Moses came from God.
The Quran says:
نَزَّلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ وَأَنزَلَ التَّوْرَاةَ وَالْإِنجِيلَ
It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus)
Surat Al Imran (3): Ayat 3
“He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus).” For this reason Muslims believe that the Taurat and the Injil are God’s word. Christians and Jews also believe that the Taurat and the Injil came from God. All people everywhere should read the Taurat and the Injil. It is God’s word!
The Taurat is the five books of the Prophet Moses. These five books are called: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. In this course you will learn from the first book of the Taurat.
The Taurat tells about many people. In it we read about Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Some of them were prophets. This course will teach you wonderful things about some of these people of God.
There are six lessons in this course. Each lesson is taken from the first book of the Taurat, which is called Genesis. Genesis is also the first book of the Bible. This is because the five books of the Taurat are also the first five books of the Holy Writings from God.
This is How You do the Lessons
- Read the part in the Taurat which is written at the beginning of each lesson. The part of the Taurat which you should read is written like this: Genesis 2:10-12
- Genesis This means the name of the book in the Taurat.
- 2: This means the chapter in the book.
- 10-12 This means the verses in the chapter. So Genesis 2:10-12 means the book of Genesis, chapter two, verses ten to twelve.
- Read the whole lesson carefully. In each lesson you will see references at the end of some sentences. The references will look like this: (Genesis 1:1). This means that the ideas in the sentence came from that part of the Taurat. Sometimes you will see a lowercase letter at the end of a verse reference like this (Genesis 1:1a). This means that we are only referring to either the beginning of a verse (Genesis 1:1a) or the ending of a verse (Genesis 1:1b).
- Some lessons have difficult words which are defined below the text using a footnote (scroll over the number at the end of this sentence to see an example).1 These words are also redefined at the end of the lessons.
- At the bottom of each page, you will need to click the button “mark complete” in order to access the next page.
- At the end of each lesson is a Scripture verse that is helpful to memorize.
- At the end of the lesson, take the quiz. You will need to answer all of these questions correctly to access the next lesson. Don’t worry! If you get some wrong, you can click “View questions,” to see the correct answers. You can then click “Restart Quiz” to try again.
We wish you great success in your study. God bless you!